DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Gov. Terry Branstad will continue to serve as co-chair of the Council of Governors.
President Barack Obama on Thursday reappointed Branstad to the role, which he assumed in 2011. The council was established in 2010 to strengthen collaboration between federal and state governments on national security issues. The president appoints the members, with equal representation from both political parties.
In a statement, Branstad says he's pleased to continue the work. He pledged to find "effective and efficient solutions" to improve national security and preparedness.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather