BERTRAM, Iowa (AP) - A 12-year-old Cedar Rapids boy has been hospitalized after his snowmobile was hit by a car west of Bertram in eastern Iowa.
Linn County Sheriff's Office says the car went out of control Sunday evening on Iowa Highway 13 and went into a ditch that contained a snowmobile trail. Deputies say the car struck Will Mefferd and his snowmobile.
Cedar Rapids television station KGAN says the boy was taken to St. Luke's Hospital in Cedar Rapids and then moved to University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City for treatment of nonlife-threatening injuries.
No injuries to anyone in the car have been reported.
The accident is being investigated.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants