BERTRAM, Iowa (AP) - A 12-year-old Cedar Rapids boy has been hospitalized after his snowmobile was hit by a car west of Bertram in eastern Iowa.
Linn County Sheriff's Office says the car went out of control Sunday evening on Iowa Highway 13 and went into a ditch that contained a snowmobile trail. Deputies say the car struck Will Mefferd and his snowmobile.
Cedar Rapids television station KGAN says the boy was taken to St. Luke's Hospital in Cedar Rapids and then moved to University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City for treatment of nonlife-threatening injuries.
No injuries to anyone in the car have been reported.
The accident is being investigated.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration