BRIDGEPORT TOWNSHIP, Wis. (WKBT) - A Georgia man facing First Degree Homicide charges in Crawford County appeared in court Monday.
Jimmy McDaniel, 48, is being held on a $500,000 cash bond.
The Crawford Co. Sheriff says a 911 call was made Wednesday, Oct. 5th at about 12:20 in the morning from a residence on Velvet Lane in Bridgeport Township.
When officers arrived, they found the body of a woman lying on the ground outside of the residence. The woman was later identified as 53-year-old Linda L. Kline.
McDaniel was arrested last Thursday in the lobby of one of the local hotels in Prairie Du Chien. He was waiting for a ride to the La Crosse airport to fly back to Georgia.
McDaniel is due back in court for his initial appearance on October 17th.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death