BRIDGEPORT TOWNSHIP, Wis. (WKBT) - A Georgia man facing First Degree Homicide charges in Crawford County appeared in court Monday.
Jimmy McDaniel, 48, is being held on a $500,000 cash bond.
The Crawford Co. Sheriff says a 911 call was made Wednesday, Oct. 5th at about 12:20 in the morning from a residence on Velvet Lane in Bridgeport Township.
When officers arrived, they found the body of a woman lying on the ground outside of the residence. The woman was later identified as 53-year-old Linda L. Kline.
McDaniel was arrested last Thursday in the lobby of one of the local hotels in Prairie Du Chien. He was waiting for a ride to the La Crosse airport to fly back to Georgia.
McDaniel is due back in court for his initial appearance on October 17th.
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Padesky, Dutton move on in city council primary
- Radtke, Schaumberg advance in Trempealeau Co. judge primary
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 21, 2017
- Adaptive Sports League wraps up winter season with floor hockey tourney
- February Primaries bring voters out in La Crosse