BRIDGEPORT TOWNSHIP, Wis. (WKBT) - A Georgia man facing First Degree Homicide charges in Crawford County appeared in court Monday.
Jimmy McDaniel, 48, is being held on a $500,000 cash bond.
The Crawford Co. Sheriff says a 911 call was made Wednesday, Oct. 5th at about 12:20 in the morning from a residence on Velvet Lane in Bridgeport Township.
When officers arrived, they found the body of a woman lying on the ground outside of the residence. The woman was later identified as 53-year-old Linda L. Kline.
McDaniel was arrested last Thursday in the lobby of one of the local hotels in Prairie Du Chien. He was waiting for a ride to the La Crosse airport to fly back to Georgia.
McDaniel is due back in court for his initial appearance on October 17th.
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants
- Minneapolis plastic bag ban could be blocked
- Fiserv CEO top paid executive in Wisconsin
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Top paid CEO in Minnesota is in health care industry
- Trump schedules Iowa visit _ his first as president
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- One week after storms, cleanup continues