WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. -- The Wisconsin Dells Police Department identified the body pulled from the Wisconsin River as 17-year-old Damien D. Sewell.
The Wisconsin State Crime Lab identified the body through a DNA comparison.
Authorities pulled the body of the teen from the river at the Kilbourn Dam in Wisconsin Dells on February 29th.
Sewell had been listed as a missing person with the Juneau County Sheriff's Office. He had been missing since November 28, 2011.
Police are working with the Columbia County Medical Examiner's office to determine the cause and manner of the death. The department is still waiting for toxicology results.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building