WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. (AP) - Divers have recovered the body of a missing man from a river in the Wisconsin Dells.
Twenty-one-old Mitchel Blanchard of rural Pardeeville was reported missing by his family Sunday.
Wisconsin Dells police say they had responded to a disturbance call at Captain Brady's Showboat Saloon early Sunday and had tried to make contact with Blanchard.
Officers say Blanchard took off running and disappeared into a wooded area.
WISN-TV reports investigators found Blanchard's vest near the Wisconsin River on Sunday, and located his body in the waters near a dam on Monday around noon.
The Columbia County medical examiner has scheduled an autopsy.
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charge following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 27, 2017
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Appeals court won't put Trump's travel ban case on hold
- Pocan bringing immigrant to Trump's congressional speech
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- New budget forecast coming Tuesday