WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. (AP) - Divers have recovered the body of a missing man from a river in the Wisconsin Dells.
Twenty-one-old Mitchel Blanchard of rural Pardeeville was reported missing by his family Sunday.
Wisconsin Dells police say they had responded to a disturbance call at Captain Brady's Showboat Saloon early Sunday and had tried to make contact with Blanchard.
Officers say Blanchard took off running and disappeared into a wooded area.
WISN-TV reports investigators found Blanchard's vest near the Wisconsin River on Sunday, and located his body in the waters near a dam on Monday around noon.
The Columbia County medical examiner has scheduled an autopsy.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Man convicted of killing Wisconsin woman buried in basement
- Jury convicts man in St. Paul workplace shooting of ex-wife
- Troopers focus on Interstate 90 in South Dakota, Minnesota
- Woman jumps on hood of car to stop thief
- Judge dismisses lawsuit from teacher body-slammed by student
- Dubuque high school teacher charged in marijuana case
- 18-year-old suspect in custody in Appleton bank robbery
- Minneapolis man arrested in Columbia Heights bank robbery