BROOKLYN PARK, Minn. (AP) - The body of an 18-year-old woman has been found hidden in a car that was towed to an impound lot in Columbia Heights.
Anoka County sheriff's officials say the body was discovered Thursday -- eight days after the car was towed out of Brooklyn Park.
Authorities say a private towing company moved the vehicle from an apartment complex. The towing company did not see the body, which was concealed in the passenger compartment.
The body is believed to be that of an 18-year-old woman from St. Paul but has not been positively identified yet. Autopsy results are pending.
Police in Brooklyn Park, Columbia Heights and St. Paul are investigating, along with the Anoka County sheriff's office and medical examiner's office.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016