SHAKOPEE, MN (AP) - Hennepin County authorities have confirmed that a body found in the Minnesota River in Shakopee is that of a missing fisherman.
The medical examiner's office said Saturday that 37-year-old Eric Michael Lindquist died of drowning and hypothermia. His death has been listed as accidental.
Authorities say Lindquist was declared dead Friday about 10 a.m. He was last seen Tuesday evening when he headed to the river in Veterans Memorial Park with his auger and fishing gear.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- Mayo study proposes method to lower circumcision costs
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature