SHAKOPEE, MN (AP) - Hennepin County authorities have confirmed that a body found in the Minnesota River in Shakopee is that of a missing fisherman.
The medical examiner's office said Saturday that 37-year-old Eric Michael Lindquist died of drowning and hypothermia. His death has been listed as accidental.
Authorities say Lindquist was declared dead Friday about 10 a.m. He was last seen Tuesday evening when he headed to the river in Veterans Memorial Park with his auger and fishing gear.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies