LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Sunday marks the start of National Safe Boating Week, which helps kick off the 2014 Safe Boating Campaign.
The promotion aims to remind recreational boaters about safety and responsibility while boating. Different precautions such as float plans and proper life jacket use are stresses for boaters.
The U.S. Army Corps suggested five steps to making sure your life jacket is safe. They say to check the label, check the jacket for damage, fasten up any buckles, make sure there is a snug and proper fit and above everything, remember to wear your life jacket.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December