LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Sunday marks the start of National Safe Boating Week, which helps kick off the 2014 Safe Boating Campaign.
The promotion aims to remind recreational boaters about safety and responsibility while boating. Different precautions such as float plans and proper life jacket use are stresses for boaters.
The U.S. Army Corps suggested five steps to making sure your life jacket is safe. They say to check the label, check the jacket for damage, fasten up any buckles, make sure there is a snug and proper fit and above everything, remember to wear your life jacket.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse