LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The beauty of the Coulee Region was the focus of a hike up the bluffs Sunday.
Linked to the Land is a series of guided tours put together by the Mississippi Valley Conservancy to get people outdoors. They are open to the public and take place on different permanently protected lands.
Sunday they hiked up Miller Bluff for Earth Week. Although the end of the trail does end the tour, the organization aims to give the community something more than just a scenic view.
"The goal would be that they do that on a regular basis with their family," said Kathy Frise from the Mississippi Valley Conservancy, "their friends and introduce other people to these great trails that we have."
The next hike in the Linked to the Land series will be held on Mother's Day.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Minneapolis plastic bag ban could be blocked
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online