RICHMOND, Minn. (AP) - Richmond firefighters are selling blue light bulbs to raise money for the family of a Cold Spring-Richmond police officer who was killed on duty in November.
A St. Cloud Times report says the bulbs cost $5 each, of which $4 will go to memorial funds for Tom Decker.
Richmond firefighter Skip Halvorson says it's important to show community support after such a tragic incident. He hopes people will turn on the blue lights at night to build a sense of community.
Halvorson got the idea from the Douglas County sheriff's department, which raised almost $900 for Decker's family.
Decker was fatally shot behind a downtown bar as he and a partner were checking on a man who was reported to be suicidal. Decker had two sons and two daughters.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse