RICHMOND, Minn. (AP) - Richmond firefighters are selling blue light bulbs to raise money for the family of a Cold Spring-Richmond police officer who was killed on duty in November.
A St. Cloud Times report says the bulbs cost $5 each, of which $4 will go to memorial funds for Tom Decker.
Richmond firefighter Skip Halvorson says it's important to show community support after such a tragic incident. He hopes people will turn on the blue lights at night to build a sense of community.
Halvorson got the idea from the Douglas County sheriff's department, which raised almost $900 for Decker's family.
Decker was fatally shot behind a downtown bar as he and a partner were checking on a man who was reported to be suicidal. Decker had two sons and two daughters.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser