BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (AP) - A Bloomington man walking his two dogs was injured after falling into a sinkhole.
According to the Bloomington Police Department, the ground between a manhole cover and the sidewalk gave in about 8:45 a.m. Sunday, while the 65-year-old man was out walking with his wife and their two dogs.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports the sinkhole was 8 to 9 feet deep.
Police say the man was taken to a local hospital with shoulder and face injuries.
No other ground appeared to be unstable in the area. Police say the cause of the sinkhole is under investigation.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016