BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (AP) - A Bloomington man walking his two dogs was injured after falling into a sinkhole.
According to the Bloomington Police Department, the ground between a manhole cover and the sidewalk gave in about 8:45 a.m. Sunday, while the 65-year-old man was out walking with his wife and their two dogs.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports the sinkhole was 8 to 9 feet deep.
Police say the man was taken to a local hospital with shoulder and face injuries.
No other ground appeared to be unstable in the area. Police say the cause of the sinkhole is under investigation.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks