LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Black River Beach and Pettibone Beach have re-opened, the City of La Crosse Parks and Recreation Department announced Monday afternoon.
The two Beaches were closed for about a week due to high water.
PREVIOUS STORY (July 2):
Due to high water, Black River Beach and Pettibone Beach are closed, the City of La Crosse Parks & Recreation Department announced late Wednesday morning.
The beaches will remain closed until further notice to ensure public safety.
The Mississippi River should crest in La Crosse within the next 12-24 hours, then start a gradual fall, StormTeam 8 Meteorologist Bill Graul said.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls
- Some Rochester patients help treat grief with acupuncture
- Wisconsin couple accused of tying up boy with duct tape
- Madison mayor proposes task force to encourage hip-hop scene