LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Black River Beach and Pettibone Beach have re-opened, the City of La Crosse Parks and Recreation Department announced Monday afternoon.
The two Beaches were closed for about a week due to high water.
PREVIOUS STORY (July 2):
Due to high water, Black River Beach and Pettibone Beach are closed, the City of La Crosse Parks & Recreation Department announced late Wednesday morning.
The beaches will remain closed until further notice to ensure public safety.
The Mississippi River should crest in La Crosse within the next 12-24 hours, then start a gradual fall, StormTeam 8 Meteorologist Bill Graul said.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- Baby peregrine falcons banded in downtown La Crosse
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 25, 2017
- Program gives books to La Crosse students for summer reading
- Tomah VA, Fort McCoy team up for Memorial Day 5K
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation