LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Black River Beach and Pettibone Beach have re-opened, the City of La Crosse Parks and Recreation Department announced Monday afternoon.
The two Beaches were closed for about a week due to high water.
PREVIOUS STORY (July 2):
Due to high water, Black River Beach and Pettibone Beach are closed, the City of La Crosse Parks & Recreation Department announced late Wednesday morning.
The beaches will remain closed until further notice to ensure public safety.
The Mississippi River should crest in La Crosse within the next 12-24 hours, then start a gradual fall, StormTeam 8 Meteorologist Bill Graul said.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.