MADISON, Wis. - Representative Jill Billings will co-chair the new Constitution and Ethics Committee in the Wisconsin State Assembly.
Committee members will work to find bipartisan consensus when clarifying and amending the state's ethics laws, according to Billings.
Billings said she was honored to be selected by Republican Assembly Speaker Robin Vos.
"The call for ethics reform has been reiterated by voters across the state," Billings said in a statement. "I am pleased that Speaker-Elect Vos saw me as a leader on this issue and as a member of the democratic caucus who is willing to work across the aisle. I look forward to hearing from Rep. Vos and my co-chair, Rep. (Chris) Kapenga about their vision and agenda for this committee."
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Tomah police believe they captured the suspects involved in a high speed chase Sunday
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser