LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - La Crosse residents were thinking spring Saturday as they dusted off their bicycles for the Bike Swap event.
The Wisconsin Bike Fed held the second annual event at Logan Middle School this morning. Bicyclists from across the region showed up to the event, to hand off old bikes, parts and accessories while picking up other things for cheap.
"If you're looking for a new bike or even a gently used bike, it's a great place to come down and find something for yourself and have an opportunity to talk to lots of people involved in all types of bicycling," said Carolyn Dvorak, regional director of Wisconsin Bike Fed.
For the past two years, the Bike Fed has teamed up with Logan Bike Works, an after-school program for students to learn bike maintenance and safety skills.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance