LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - La Crosse residents were thinking spring Saturday as they dusted off their bicycles for the Bike Swap event.
The Wisconsin Bike Fed held the second annual event at Logan Middle School this morning. Bicyclists from across the region showed up to the event, to hand off old bikes, parts and accessories while picking up other things for cheap.
"If you're looking for a new bike or even a gently used bike, it's a great place to come down and find something for yourself and have an opportunity to talk to lots of people involved in all types of bicycling," said Carolyn Dvorak, regional director of Wisconsin Bike Fed.
For the past two years, the Bike Fed has teamed up with Logan Bike Works, an after-school program for students to learn bike maintenance and safety skills.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion