BELOIT, Wis. (AP) - Beloit police are investigating whether two homicides are connected.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports the first shooting was reported at about 12:15 a.m. Friday and officers found 36-year-old Edward Haley lying in the road in the town of Beloit.
As they were investigating that homicide, officers heard gunshots that turned out to be a second homicide at about 4:20 p.m. Friday.
Officers and emergency medical personnel found 20-year-old Raymond L. Holloway shot and transported him to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
In a news release, police say they don't know if the two are connected but are investigating the possibility.
Police say they didn't expect to release more information until Monday.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests