BELOIT, Wis. (AP) - Beloit police are investigating whether two homicides are connected.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports the first shooting was reported at about 12:15 a.m. Friday and officers found 36-year-old Edward Haley lying in the road in the town of Beloit.
As they were investigating that homicide, officers heard gunshots that turned out to be a second homicide at about 4:20 p.m. Friday.
Officers and emergency medical personnel found 20-year-old Raymond L. Holloway shot and transported him to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
In a news release, police say they don't know if the two are connected but are investigating the possibility.
Police say they didn't expect to release more information until Monday.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota