BELOIT, Wis. (AP) - Beloit police are investigating whether two homicides are connected.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports the first shooting was reported at about 12:15 a.m. Friday and officers found 36-year-old Edward Haley lying in the road in the town of Beloit.
As they were investigating that homicide, officers heard gunshots that turned out to be a second homicide at about 4:20 p.m. Friday.
Officers and emergency medical personnel found 20-year-old Raymond L. Holloway shot and transported him to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
In a news release, police say they don't know if the two are connected but are investigating the possibility.
Police say they didn't expect to release more information until Monday.
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Mardi Gras ball raises money for schools, names new rex, queen