If you were out and about Saturday, you probably noticed a lot of bells ringing.
Volunteers were out in full force asking for donations for the Salvation Army. Saturday was another Match Day for our area. Local area business will match about $18,000 in donations from Saturday.
Among the volunteers was the Central High School basketball team. The team thought this was a way to thank their community for their support. "I think it was to give back to the community for everything they've done for us," says Freshman Derek Stafsliend Dumale.
News 8's own Martha Koloski and Michelle Poedel were also out collecting donations Saturday.23610640
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump