If you were out and about Saturday, you probably noticed a lot of bells ringing.
Volunteers were out in full force asking for donations for the Salvation Army. Saturday was another Match Day for our area. Local area business will match about $18,000 in donations from Saturday.
Among the volunteers was the Central High School basketball team. The team thought this was a way to thank their community for their support. "I think it was to give back to the community for everything they've done for us," says Freshman Derek Stafsliend Dumale.
News 8's own Martha Koloski and Michelle Poedel were also out collecting donations Saturday.23610640
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation