MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett is leading his Democratic challengers based on early returns in the recall primary.
With just 3 percent of precincts reporting Tuesday, Barrett had 54 percent of the vote.
Former Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk was next at 38 percent. State Sen. Kathleen Vinehout had 4 percent and Secretary of State Doug La Follette had 3 percent.
The winner will advance to face Republican Gov. Scott Walker in just four weeks.
Walker easily defeated token opposition.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure