MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett is leading his Democratic challengers based on early returns in the recall primary.
With just 3 percent of precincts reporting Tuesday, Barrett had 54 percent of the vote.
Former Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk was next at 38 percent. State Sen. Kathleen Vinehout had 4 percent and Secretary of State Doug La Follette had 3 percent.
The winner will advance to face Republican Gov. Scott Walker in just four weeks.
Walker easily defeated token opposition.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.