JANESVILLE, Wis. (AP) - A barn fire near Janesville in southern Wisconsin has killed more than 50 goats.
The Rock County sheriff's department says the fire started about 9:45 p.m. Saturday. It says about 55 of the 70 goats in the barn were killed, and that that damages could exceed $170,000.
The barn was fully engulfed within minutes of when firefighters arrived in the scene.
No people were injured, but other buildings at the farm sustained heat damage. Traffic on U.S. Highway 14 had to be rerouted for over four hours while crews from four fire departments fought the blaze.
The cause is under investigation.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser