MILWAUKEE (AP) - Wisconsin's Tammy Baldwin is among a dozen new U.S. senators taking the oath of office.
Vice President Joe Biden swore in the 12 new senators Thursday, as well as those who won another term.
Democrats tightened their grip on the Senate with 55-45 edge following the November elections.
Baldwin is Wisconsin's first female senator and also the first openly gay candidate ever elected to the chamber. She defeated former Gov. Tommy Thompson, who had never before lost a statewide race.18004768
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests