WAUPACA, Wis. (AP) - A Wisconsin judge has denied bail for an Oklahoma man charged with a 1990 sexual assault and considered a person of interest in a 1992 double murder.
Forty-one-year-old Glendon Gouker appeared in Waupaca County Circuit Court Thursday on a charge of first-degree sexual assault. He's accused of sexually assaulting a then-20-year-old woman in November 1990 in Iola.
The break in the case came in 2011, when DNA evidence was resubmitted to the state crime lab for analysis as part of an ongoing investigation into the 1992 fatal stabbings of 23-year-old Tanna Togstad and 35-year-old Tim Mumbrue. State investigators say Gouker was found to be a contributor to the DNA.
Waupaca County Sheriff Brad Hardel says Gouker is a "person of interest" in the homicides.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners