WAUPACA, Wis. (AP) - A Wisconsin judge has denied bail for an Oklahoma man charged with a 1990 sexual assault and considered a person of interest in a 1992 double murder.
Forty-one-year-old Glendon Gouker appeared in Waupaca County Circuit Court Thursday on a charge of first-degree sexual assault. He's accused of sexually assaulting a then-20-year-old woman in November 1990 in Iola.
The break in the case came in 2011, when DNA evidence was resubmitted to the state crime lab for analysis as part of an ongoing investigation into the 1992 fatal stabbings of 23-year-old Tanna Togstad and 35-year-old Tim Mumbrue. State investigators say Gouker was found to be a contributor to the DNA.
Waupaca County Sheriff Brad Hardel says Gouker is a "person of interest" in the homicides.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Walker: Not my job to remove Sheriff Clarke after jail death
- Minnesota woman gets probation for supporting al-Shabab