MADISON, Wis. - Quarterback Danny O'Brien has left the Badger football program.
O'Brien transferred from Maryland last year and started the first three games of Wisconsin's 2012 season before being benched at halftime of the Badgers' 16-14 win over Utah State.
O'Brien threw for 523 yards, three touchdowns and an interception for Wisconsin last season.
He would likely be the fifth quarterback on the Badger's depth chart heading into the fall, so he's decided to transfer to another college.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks