MADISON, Wis. - Quarterback Danny O'Brien has left the Badger football program.
O'Brien transferred from Maryland last year and started the first three games of Wisconsin's 2012 season before being benched at halftime of the Badgers' 16-14 win over Utah State.
O'Brien threw for 523 yards, three touchdowns and an interception for Wisconsin last season.
He would likely be the fifth quarterback on the Badger's depth chart heading into the fall, so he's decided to transfer to another college.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners