ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) - A congressional effort is under way to rename the Cold Spring post office in honor of slain police officer Tom Decker.
Rep. Michele Bachmann says she'll push to formally rename the U.S. post office the "Officer Tommy Decker Memorial Post Office." A spokesman for the Republican told the St. Cloud Times (http://on.sctimes.com/Yh4R0G ) the bill will be cosponsored by every member of the state's congressional delegation.
Decker was killed on duty while responding to call in November. The investigation into his death remains active and there is no suspect in custody.
Bachmann took to the House floor on Tuesday to speak about Decker, calling his life an "example of courage and unparalleled compassion."
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US