ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) - A congressional effort is under way to rename the Cold Spring post office in honor of slain police officer Tom Decker.
Rep. Michele Bachmann says she'll push to formally rename the U.S. post office the "Officer Tommy Decker Memorial Post Office." A spokesman for the Republican told the St. Cloud Times (http://on.sctimes.com/Yh4R0G ) the bill will be cosponsored by every member of the state's congressional delegation.
Decker was killed on duty while responding to call in November. The investigation into his death remains active and there is no suspect in custody.
Bachmann took to the House floor on Tuesday to speak about Decker, calling his life an "example of courage and unparalleled compassion."
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.