CLIVE, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say a preliminary autopsy report says a skull fracture killed a man who died in a parking lot in Clive, Iowa.
Clive police say the injury was consistent with a fall to the pavement by 49-year-old Randy Warrens, of Clive. The report says Warrens may have been drinking.
Police say the case is still being investigated, although a crime is not suspected.
Warrens was found around 2 a.m. Saturday when a passer-by spotted him lying in the lot. A witness and, later, emergency medical workers attempted to revive Warrens, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse