DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say an autopsy has been scheduled on a body pulled from the Des Moines River.
Des Moines police spokesman Jason Halifax says a passer-by spotted the body in the water near Principal Park about 10:20 a.m. Tuesday.
The body is that of a man. Police say the autopsy should shed light on his identity and how he died.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners