DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say an autopsy has been scheduled on a body pulled from the Des Moines River.
Des Moines police spokesman Jason Halifax says a passer-by spotted the body in the water near Principal Park about 10:20 a.m. Tuesday.
The body is that of a man. Police say the autopsy should shed light on his identity and how he died.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking