LA CROSSE, WI - The La Crosse County Medical Examiner's Office released the manner of death of the two people found dead in an apartment on French Island on Tuesday, August 13.
The medical examiner says Dana Shefelbine, 18, of Holmen was the victim of an edged weapon and blunt force trauma homicidal violence. Jesse Klukas, 22, of the Town of Campbell, died from a suicidal gunshot injury.
Shefelbine and Klukas were found dead inside apartment no. 6 at 236 Tellin Court.
La Crosse County Interim Medical Examiner Timothy Candahl says additional testing is underway. The Campbell Police Department is still investigating the case, along with the La Crosse County Sheriff's Office and the La Crosse County Medical Examiner.21488584
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser