LA CROSSE, WI - The La Crosse County Medical Examiner's Office released the manner of death of the two people found dead in an apartment on French Island on Tuesday, August 13.
The medical examiner says Dana Shefelbine, 18, of Holmen was the victim of an edged weapon and blunt force trauma homicidal violence. Jesse Klukas, 22, of the Town of Campbell, died from a suicidal gunshot injury.
Shefelbine and Klukas were found dead inside apartment no. 6 at 236 Tellin Court.
La Crosse County Interim Medical Examiner Timothy Candahl says additional testing is underway. The Campbell Police Department is still investigating the case, along with the La Crosse County Sheriff's Office and the La Crosse County Medical Examiner.21488584
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building