WINONA, Minn, (AP) - Authorities say a body discovered in the storage compartment of a rented recreational vehicle is that of a man who has been missing since November.
Officials say 22-year-old Kevin Casserly was reported missing from the city of Anoka. He was last seen Nov. 12.
The Anoka County Sheriff's Department says Casserly's body was discovered Thursday night by a group of people who rented the RV from a private party in Anoka County.
The group smelled a foul odor and pulled off the road in Winona to investigate the source of the smell. They discovered Casserly's body lodged in a compartment of the RV that was accessible only from the outside.
Authorities are still investigating and do not plan to release additional updates on Saturday.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore