WINONA, Minn, (AP) - Authorities say a body discovered in the storage compartment of a rented recreational vehicle is that of a man who has been missing since November.
Officials say 22-year-old Kevin Casserly was reported missing from the city of Anoka. He was last seen Nov. 12.
The Anoka County Sheriff's Department says Casserly's body was discovered Thursday night by a group of people who rented the RV from a private party in Anoka County.
The group smelled a foul odor and pulled off the road in Winona to investigate the source of the smell. They discovered Casserly's body lodged in a compartment of the RV that was accessible only from the outside.
Authorities are still investigating and do not plan to release additional updates on Saturday.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract