SAUK COUNTY, Wis. - Authorities arrested a man from Mobile, Alabama, in Juneau County for operating a motor vehicle under the influence, 5th offense.
The Wisconsin State Patrol DeForest Post says Rueben Harris Givens, 37, was driving west on I-90/I-94 in Sauk County when his vehicle struck the back of a semi unit.
The State Patrol says Givens left the scene of the crash without reporting it to law enforcement and was stopped a short time later on I-90/I-94 in Juneau County. Authorities determined Givens was intoxicated and was arrested him for OWI. Givens had at least four prior OWI convictions in states outside of Wisconsin, according to the State Patrol.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather