SAUK COUNTY, Wis. - Authorities arrested a man from Mobile, Alabama, in Juneau County for operating a motor vehicle under the influence, 5th offense.
The Wisconsin State Patrol DeForest Post says Rueben Harris Givens, 37, was driving west on I-90/I-94 in Sauk County when his vehicle struck the back of a semi unit.
The State Patrol says Givens left the scene of the crash without reporting it to law enforcement and was stopped a short time later on I-90/I-94 in Juneau County. Authorities determined Givens was intoxicated and was arrested him for OWI. Givens had at least four prior OWI convictions in states outside of Wisconsin, according to the State Patrol.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin