POLK COUNTY, Wis. - Authorities arrested a 22-year-old man from St. Croix Falls on Thursday afternoon for operating a motor vehicle under the influence, 2nd offense, with child in the vehicle.
The Wisconsin State Patrol says a Trooper from the Spooner Post stopped Joshua Darren Johnson's vehicle for an occupant seatbelt violation on County Highway F at 180th. During the course of the traffic stop, the Trooper detected a burnt marijuana odor coming from the vehicle.
After sobriety tests and questioning, the Trooper arrested Johnson for operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs. Johnson was taken to the St. Croix Falls Hospital for a blood draw and is currently in the Polk County Jail.
Two other adults and one child under the age of 16 were also in the vehicle. Johnson's pending charged include OWI-2nd offense and operating while suspended.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration