POLK COUNTY, Wis. - Authorities arrested a 22-year-old man from St. Croix Falls on Thursday afternoon for operating a motor vehicle under the influence, 2nd offense, with child in the vehicle.
The Wisconsin State Patrol says a Trooper from the Spooner Post stopped Joshua Darren Johnson's vehicle for an occupant seatbelt violation on County Highway F at 180th. During the course of the traffic stop, the Trooper detected a burnt marijuana odor coming from the vehicle.
After sobriety tests and questioning, the Trooper arrested Johnson for operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs. Johnson was taken to the St. Croix Falls Hospital for a blood draw and is currently in the Polk County Jail.
Two other adults and one child under the age of 16 were also in the vehicle. Johnson's pending charged include OWI-2nd offense and operating while suspended.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case