EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - A 74-year-old ATV rider clearing snow died after he was struck by an alleged drunk driver Monday night.
Eau Claire police said the ATV rider, Joseph Miller was in the roadway when a van driven by Gregory M. Price, 65, was going westbound and struck the ATV on the 3300 block of W. Folson Street at about 5 p.m.
Witnesses told police Price drove away after inspecting his damaged vehicle. Some citizens followed the van and Eau Claire County Sheriff's deputies were able to stop Price on Highway 312.
Price faces several charges, including homicide by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle; hit and run involving death; and OWI 4th offense.
Miller was treated at the scene by paramedics and taken to Mayo Health Systems in Eau Claire. Resuscitation efforts were unsuccessful. He was declared dead at the hospital.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial