MONROE COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A 42-year-old man from rural Sparta was injured after his ATV was struck by a vehicle on Saturday, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.
Ryan Burkhalter was plowing snow with his ATV across the road from his driveway on Haven Avenue in the Township of Angelo when he backed into the path of a vehicle, the Sheriff's Office said. The westbound vehicle had tried to go around the ATV when the crash happened. Authorities said that vehicle then slid into the front end of a vehicle going eastbound.
Burkhalter was transported to a La Crosse hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. No one was injured in the two vehicles involved in the crash.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns