MONROE COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A 42-year-old man from rural Sparta was injured after his ATV was struck by a vehicle on Saturday, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.
Ryan Burkhalter was plowing snow with his ATV across the road from his driveway on Haven Avenue in the Township of Angelo when he backed into the path of a vehicle, the Sheriff's Office said. The westbound vehicle had tried to go around the ATV when the crash happened. Authorities said that vehicle then slid into the front end of a vehicle going eastbound.
Burkhalter was transported to a La Crosse hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. No one was injured in the two vehicles involved in the crash.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- House committee approves bill that would charge protesters
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups