LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - How would you contact someone in case of an emergency with no electricity or cell phone service?
Members from the Riverland Amateur Radio Club came together today to prepare people for that scenario with "ham" radios. It's part of ARRL Field Day, and the idea behind it is to show the benefits in purchasing a ham radio license. Amateur radios offer a way to communicate without the use of electricity or cell phones.
The ARRL is also celebrating its 100th anniversary this year.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists