COON RAPIDS, Minn. (AP) - Minnesota police are investigating a car chase with an armed Minneapolis-area man that ended after a one-hour standoff.
The Anoka County Sheriff's Office says officers responded to a report Tuesday that a Coon Rapids man was suicidal and had left his home with a loaded handgun. They located the man's vehicle in Coon Rapids and tried to stop it.
Police say the vehicle fled from the officers and struck a police squad car two times during the chase. The pursuit ended approximately 12 miles away in Lino Lakes.
Police say the man peacefully surrendered after an hour-long standoff with the officers. They say his name is being withheld pending charges by the county attorney's office.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers
- La Crosse Center approves 10-game schedule for pro basketball team