LA CROSSE, Wis. - Yoga studios in the La Crosse area are joining forces to help raise money for nonprofit organizations.
Every Saturday throughout the summer, a different yoga studio will host "Community Karma Yoga" at 11 a.m. in the morning at Pettibone Beach in La Crosse.
While the sessions are free, donations are recommended.
Each week, the money raised goes to different nonprofit groups in the area.20774556
The instructor at Saturday's session said the goal for all the studios involved is to use their talents to help the community.
"We're just so happy doing this for the community," said Tammy Zee, the owner of Tammy Zee's Yoga Studio. "That's what karma means -- giving back. Yoga has helped me professionally (and) personally, and that's what all the instructors want to do, is give back to the community."
Head to the group's Facebook page to learn more.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016