LA CROSSE, Wis. - Yoga studios in the La Crosse area are joining forces to help raise money for nonprofit organizations.
Every Saturday throughout the summer, a different yoga studio will host "Community Karma Yoga" at 11 a.m. in the morning at Pettibone Beach in La Crosse.
While the sessions are free, donations are recommended.
Each week, the money raised goes to different nonprofit groups in the area.20774556
The instructor at Saturday's session said the goal for all the studios involved is to use their talents to help the community.
"We're just so happy doing this for the community," said Tammy Zee, the owner of Tammy Zee's Yoga Studio. "That's what karma means -- giving back. Yoga has helped me professionally (and) personally, and that's what all the instructors want to do, is give back to the community."
Head to the group's Facebook page to learn more.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student