MERRILLAN, Wis. (WKBT) - Christmas tree farms are entering their busiest time of year harvesting trees and shipping them to lots across the country.
That includes Northern Family Farms in Jackson County.
The family-owned farm is the biggest Christmas tree farm in Wisconsin and also takes part in the "Trees for Troops" program.
Every year, the farm donates 100 trees that are sent to military bases across the United States and overseas.
"I think it's an amazing opportunity to give back to the troops every year," said co-owner Ashley Ahl. "Nothing makes me happier than to know that people will have a real Christmas tree to celebrate with."
If you'd like to make a donation to the Trees for Troops program yourself, you can do so on their website.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore