MERRILLAN, Wis. (WKBT) - Christmas tree farms are entering their busiest time of year harvesting trees and shipping them to lots across the country.
That includes Northern Family Farms in Jackson County.
The family-owned farm is the biggest Christmas tree farm in Wisconsin and also takes part in the "Trees for Troops" program.
Every year, the farm donates 100 trees that are sent to military bases across the United States and overseas.
"I think it's an amazing opportunity to give back to the troops every year," said co-owner Ashley Ahl. "Nothing makes me happier than to know that people will have a real Christmas tree to celebrate with."
If you'd like to make a donation to the Trees for Troops program yourself, you can do so on their website.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks