LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An area church is organizing super heroes to take on super villains.
On Sunday afternoon, Wesley United Methodist Church held its first Capes for Kids Sewing Bee.
People came together to create super hero capes that will be given to children in Gundersen's pediatric ward.
The capes are meant to empower kids who are diagnosed with serious medical issues.
Wesley United congregation member Heather Tallbot said just a simple piece of fabric can go a long way.
"We have to show up for folks that are in hospitals, folks who are incarcerated, folks who are down in the dumps or fallen on hard times. If we do that with a generous spirit, I think we can really make a difference," Tallbot said.
The group hopes to be able to create 25 capes that will be delivered to the hospital in January.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Groomer accused of kicking dog gets 2 years of probation
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Truck driver fatally crushed by pipe near Minneapolis
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday