LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An area church is organizing super heroes to take on super villains.
On Sunday afternoon, Wesley United Methodist Church held its first Capes for Kids Sewing Bee.
People came together to create super hero capes that will be given to children in Gundersen's pediatric ward.
The capes are meant to empower kids who are diagnosed with serious medical issues.
Wesley United congregation member Heather Tallbot said just a simple piece of fabric can go a long way.
"We have to show up for folks that are in hospitals, folks who are incarcerated, folks who are down in the dumps or fallen on hard times. If we do that with a generous spirit, I think we can really make a difference," Tallbot said.
The group hopes to be able to create 25 capes that will be delivered to the hospital in January.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river