LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - National Football League teams spent Sunday trying to get another step closer to a championship, but one La Crosse woman has already won.
Subway's fast-food restaurants regional manager Melissa Callan recently won the Subway Jammer competition in Chicago.
Every year, Subway employees gather for a global leadership conference where sandwich artists compete against each other to make sandwiches in the fastest time possible.
Callan won top prize in Chicago with a time around 48 seconds.
Callan says creating a sandwich in less than a minute takes a lot of determination.
"Making the correct formulas on customer sandwiches every single day is the best way that you can. And just keep pushing yourself to be better and be faster and be cleaner," Callan said.
Callan says her fastest time making a sandwich was around 42 seconds.
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Attorney general announces deal on drug overdose treatment
- The Latest: Dakota Access pipeline could be operating soon
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Appeals court hearing arguments in Wisconsin voting cases
- Police: Twin Cities lawyer fatally struck runner in St. Paul
- Downtown Minneapolis hospital announces layoffs
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations