LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - National Football League teams spent Sunday trying to get another step closer to a championship, but one La Crosse woman has already won.
Subway's fast-food restaurants regional manager Melissa Callan recently won the Subway Jammer competition in Chicago.
Every year, Subway employees gather for a global leadership conference where sandwich artists compete against each other to make sandwiches in the fastest time possible.
Callan won top prize in Chicago with a time around 48 seconds.
Callan says creating a sandwich in less than a minute takes a lot of determination.
"Making the correct formulas on customer sandwiches every single day is the best way that you can. And just keep pushing yourself to be better and be faster and be cleaner," Callan said.
Callan says her fastest time making a sandwich was around 42 seconds.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners