JACKSON COUNTY, Wis. - Several roads closed are closed in Jackson County due to flooding along the Black River.
Jackson County Emergency Management says East Fork Road in the Town of Komensky near Hatfield has been closed from Clay School Road and South Road. County Highway VV near North Bend is also closed from Highway 54 to the La Crosse County line.
Jackson County Emergency Management Coordinator Kristina Page is urging drivers to avoid the affected areas and to find an alternate route. "Vehicles can be swept away with as little as 18 inches of moving water and it is hard to judge the actual depth of flood water," Page said.
As of Wednesday afternoon, there have been no reports of residential flooding. "If you live in areas that are prone to flooding it is important that you have an evacuation kit prepared and pay attention to weather warnings," Page said in a statement. "Conditions can change rapidly and being prepared can make all the difference."
Jackson County residents who are having problems with flooding are encouraged to contact Jackson County Emergency Management at (715) 284-0263.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore