JACKSON COUNTY, Wis. - Several roads closed are closed in Jackson County due to flooding along the Black River.
Jackson County Emergency Management says East Fork Road in the Town of Komensky near Hatfield has been closed from Clay School Road and South Road. County Highway VV near North Bend is also closed from Highway 54 to the La Crosse County line.
Jackson County Emergency Management Coordinator Kristina Page is urging drivers to avoid the affected areas and to find an alternate route. "Vehicles can be swept away with as little as 18 inches of moving water and it is hard to judge the actual depth of flood water," Page said.
As of Wednesday afternoon, there have been no reports of residential flooding. "If you live in areas that are prone to flooding it is important that you have an evacuation kit prepared and pay attention to weather warnings," Page said in a statement. "Conditions can change rapidly and being prepared can make all the difference."
Jackson County residents who are having problems with flooding are encouraged to contact Jackson County Emergency Management at (715) 284-0263.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks