VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - Authorities from the Vernon County Sheriff's Office arrested a 44-year-old rural La Farge woman after an "extensive" investigation into reports of missing Fentanyl patches and Vicodin tablets from a nursing home.
Violet K. Thelen was arrested on April 11 on multiple counts of possession of schedule II controlled substances and theft.
The Sheriff's Office said Thelen admitted that she took Vicodin and Fentanyl patches from the Vernon Manor Nursing Home while she was working there as a Registered Nurse.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure