VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - Authorities from the Vernon County Sheriff's Office arrested a 44-year-old rural La Farge woman after an "extensive" investigation into reports of missing Fentanyl patches and Vicodin tablets from a nursing home.
Violet K. Thelen was arrested on April 11 on multiple counts of possession of schedule II controlled substances and theft.
The Sheriff's Office said Thelen admitted that she took Vicodin and Fentanyl patches from the Vernon Manor Nursing Home while she was working there as a Registered Nurse.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration