ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Man's best friend got a break from the heat Saturday during the "Diggity Dog Dip" event in Onalaska.
More than 350 dogs took over the Onalaska Aquatic Center Saturday to enjoy some fun in the water.
The annual event is hosted by Diggity Dog Daycare in La Crosse. The organizer said he continues to put it on every year because he enjoys seeing the dogs true personalities come out.
"They just love the social aspect of this, playing in the water, and they are just incredibly excited about it and that is what really warms my heart," said Diggity Dog Daycare Owner Pat Kucera
The money raised during the event goes to the La Crescent Animal Rescue and the Onalaska Park and Rec. Last year the event raised more than $5,000.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents