ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Man's best friend got a break from the heat Saturday during the "Diggity Dog Dip" event in Onalaska.
More than 350 dogs took over the Onalaska Aquatic Center Saturday to enjoy some fun in the water.
The annual event is hosted by Diggity Dog Daycare in La Crosse. The organizer said he continues to put it on every year because he enjoys seeing the dogs true personalities come out.
"They just love the social aspect of this, playing in the water, and they are just incredibly excited about it and that is what really warms my heart," said Diggity Dog Daycare Owner Pat Kucera
The money raised during the event goes to the La Crescent Animal Rescue and the Onalaska Park and Rec. Last year the event raised more than $5,000.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks