SHELBY, Wis. (WKBT) - Some area coaches are getting some first of a kind training.
Shelby youth baseball and softball coaches are taking part in the national program called ‘Trusted Coaches.'
The online program covers concussion training, first aid, and positive coaches training. The coaches will also go through a background check.
The president of the Shelby's youth baseball association says the program gives parents a peace of mind when signing their child up to play ball.
"I think that's a safety concern for all parents that Shelby youth ball is doing the proper steps to make sure kids safety is the number one concern and that we're educating them and motivating them in the most positive way," said Matt Thorton.
Shelby youth baseball will be the first in the state of Wisconsin to go through this type of training.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse