GALESVILLE, Wis. (WKBT) - Early apple crops are ready and this year's harvest is expected to be a good one.
Employees at Ferguson's Apple Orchard in Galesville said this is the best crop they've seen in years.
The weather is playing a big part in this year's harvest. They say their apple numbers have grown along with the variety of apples they're offering. That variety even includes a new local apple that was created right in Holmen.
"We planted 40,000 apple trees of the Pizaz and they'll be ready in late October. It's a local apple so we're really excited about that," said Ferguson's Apple Orchard Supervisor Joe Ferguson.
Ferguson Orchards also have stores in Eau Claire, Lake City, and La Crescent.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.