GALESVILLE, Wis. (WKBT) - Early apple crops are ready and this year's harvest is expected to be a good one.
Employees at Ferguson's Apple Orchard in Galesville said this is the best crop they've seen in years.
The weather is playing a big part in this year's harvest. They say their apple numbers have grown along with the variety of apples they're offering. That variety even includes a new local apple that was created right in Holmen.
"We planted 40,000 apple trees of the Pizaz and they'll be ready in late October. It's a local apple so we're really excited about that," said Ferguson's Apple Orchard Supervisor Joe Ferguson.
Ferguson Orchards also have stores in Eau Claire, Lake City, and La Crescent.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases