GALESVILLE, Wis. (WKBT) - Early apple crops are ready and this year's harvest is expected to be a good one.
Employees at Ferguson's Apple Orchard in Galesville said this is the best crop they've seen in years.
The weather is playing a big part in this year's harvest. They say their apple numbers have grown along with the variety of apples they're offering. That variety even includes a new local apple that was created right in Holmen.
"We planted 40,000 apple trees of the Pizaz and they'll be ready in late October. It's a local apple so we're really excited about that," said Ferguson's Apple Orchard Supervisor Joe Ferguson.
Ferguson Orchards also have stores in Eau Claire, Lake City, and La Crescent.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- Baby peregrine falcons banded in downtown La Crosse
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 25, 2017
- Program gives books to La Crosse students for summer reading
- Tomah VA, Fort McCoy team up for Memorial Day 5K
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation