LA CROSSE, Wis. - One person is sent to the hospital after an early morning apartment fire in downtown La Crosse.
It happened at 333 S. 7 Street around 3:30 a.m. on Sunday. That's the Stoffel Court high rise, which offers housing for elderly people.
When firefighters arrived, they found black smoke coming from a 7th floor window.
A female victim was quickly removed from the apartment and transported to Mayo Clinic Health System for burns and smoke inhalation. She was later transported to a hospital in Minneapolis for treatment.17633456
Authorities have not yet released the victim's name or condition.
Investigators say all of the damage was contained to the one apartment.
The State Fire Marshall's Office is assisting in the investigation to determine a cause.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse