LA CROSSE, Wis. - A fundraiser that's all about items from the past is creating a future for Logan High School's band program.
An Antique Show filled the school's gym in La Crosse giving antique dealers from across four states the opportunity to display and sell their pieces.19661886
The school charges the dealers for space on the gym floor and a small admission fee for those attending. While coordinating the whole event takes a lot of work, Logan High School Band Director Mark Lakmann says the students make it all worth it.
"The money that we use there, we're able to give them experiences that we wouldn't otherwise be ablet o give them so first and foremost it's all about them, but we do know that La Crosse loves antiques and it's a great town for that," said Lakmann.
Lakmann says the Antique Show fundraiser has been so successful, they don't have to do any other fundraisers during the year.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies