ANOKA, MN (AP) - Authorities in Anoka County are holding three community forums to discuss the dangers of heroin, opiates and prescription painkillers.
Anoka County Sheriff James Stuart says that while law enforcement is working to get drugs off the street, parents and communities must play a role in reducing accessibility to drugs.
The first forum will be held Jan. 28 at Eagle Brook Church in Lino Lakes. Additional forums are on Feb. 6 at Lord of Life Church in Ramsey and on Feb. 13 at Eagle Brook Church in Spring Lake Park. Each forum will run from 7 to 9 p.m.
Officials say the potency of heroin found in the county is high, and it's easily accessible. They hope that the community and law enforcement can work together to make the county safer.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge