LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The community is remembering one of its own this weekend as the annual Sara Softball tournament begins.
Sara Hougom was a Western Technical College student who was shot and killed in her apartment in 2013. Friends and family created the tournament in Sara's memory, and to help raise money for violence awareness and prevention in La Crosse.
Last year the tournament raised more than $1,200, and organizers are looking to double that amount this year.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years