LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The community is remembering one of its own this weekend as the annual Sara Softball tournament begins.
Sara Hougom was a Western Technical College student who was shot and killed in her apartment in 2013. Friends and family created the tournament in Sara's memory, and to help raise money for violence awareness and prevention in La Crosse.
Last year the tournament raised more than $1,200, and organizers are looking to double that amount this year.
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Organic conference returns to La Crosse
- WSU Baseball drafts 14-year-old for team
- City of La Crosse looks to crowdsource Buzz's Bikes fix
- City planners asking for more input on Highway 53 corridor plan
- Rochester might oust 200 students over vaccine requirements
- Trespass charges for man living in hospital closet
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant
- Dayton blasts Trump's transgender bathroom reversal
- Discrimination lawsuit against Rochester schools dismissed