LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The community is remembering one of its own this weekend as the annual Sara Softball tournament begins.
Sara Hougom was a Western Technical College student who was shot and killed in her apartment in 2013. Friends and family created the tournament in Sara's memory, and to help raise money for violence awareness and prevention in La Crosse.
Last year the tournament raised more than $1,200, and organizers are looking to double that amount this year.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Fort Lauderdale shooter says he carried out attack for ISIS, FBI claims
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers