TOWN OF KEWASKUM, WI (AP) - Washington County authorities say six people were injured in a crash involving an ambulance, a school bus and another vehicle in the Town of Kewaskum in southeastern Wisconsin.
It happened shortly before 11 a.m. Friday as the bus was taking middle-schoolers to Sunburst Ski Area.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports the Kewaskum Fire and Rescue ambulance was southbound on Highway 45 when it was hit by a westbound vehicle at County Highway H. The ambulance then struck a light pole, entered the median, then struck a Riteway bus that was stopped in the northbound turn lane.
Conditions were not immediately available on five people taken to hospitals, who included three ambulance staff, one patient being transported and the driver of the other vehicle. A student suffered a minor injury.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota