TOWN OF KEWASKUM, WI (AP) - Washington County authorities say six people were injured in a crash involving an ambulance, a school bus and another vehicle in the Town of Kewaskum in southeastern Wisconsin.
It happened shortly before 11 a.m. Friday as the bus was taking middle-schoolers to Sunburst Ski Area.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports the Kewaskum Fire and Rescue ambulance was southbound on Highway 45 when it was hit by a westbound vehicle at County Highway H. The ambulance then struck a light pole, entered the median, then struck a Riteway bus that was stopped in the northbound turn lane.
Conditions were not immediately available on five people taken to hospitals, who included three ambulance staff, one patient being transported and the driver of the other vehicle. A student suffered a minor injury.
- Area farmers deal with damaged crops after heavy rain
- West Salem runner reaches Coulee Region
- ‘Back 2 School' program seeking donations to benefit local families
- New website gathers resources for business owners
- Two dead in Winona in early morning shooting
- Fatal officer-involved shooting in Eau Claire
- UPDATED STORM DAMAGE REPORTS
- La Crosse youth soccer complex still underwater following storms
- Thomas signs with team in Spain
- Recovery efforts following local flood damage made possible by Red Cross volunteers