LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse police arrested two men for armed robbery at an apartment on the 1100 block of 9th Street S. on Thursday evening.
Sergeant Randy Rank said two men, James D. Green, 23, of La Crosse, and a 15-year-old male, entered the apartment building wearing masks and carrying weapons at about 5:20 p.m.
Police surrounded the building. "It was not a standoff situation," Sergeant Rank said. "The suspects had attempted to escape from the residence and they were taken into custody quickly by the officers who had responded."
Officers interviewed the victims, described as two women and two children, and the suspects to try to figure out why this happened. One of the victims was able to call 911 during the incident.
The victim told police that the suspects knocked on their door and then forced their way into the apartment once the door was opened. One suspect had a black plastic mask on his face while the other suspect had a dark hoodie around his face, with a hood over his head tied close together.23874876
Sergeant Rank said the suspects demanded cash and one of them was displaying a handgun. Officers did find a handgun (.357 revolver) inside the apartment. It was never fired and no one was hurt.
"La Crosse does not have a whole lot of armed robberies, but unfortunately, tonight there was one and our investigation will hopefully find the answers as to why this occurred," said Rank.
Green faces charges for armed robbery and felony possession of a firearm. He is being held on a $50,000 cash bond.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse