TOWN OF GILMANTON, WI (WKBT) - Two people, including a 5-year-old child, were being treated at a burn center Saturday after a house fire broke out in Buffalo County.
The Buffalo County Sheriff's Department responded to the fire just after 4 a.m. Saturday in the town of Gilmanton. According to a statement, two adults at the home woke up to a fire alarm, and were unable to get upstairs to their 5-year-old's bedroom due to the smoke. They left the house and used a ladder to break into the child's room on the second floor.
Both the 5-year-old and a 31-year-old were transported by helicopter to a Minnesota burn center. The names of the individuals have not been released, and their condition is unknown.
Two dogs were also in the home at the time of the fire and haven't been located yet.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building