LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - AARP is making it easier for residents to file taxes season.
Tax Aide volunteers are at the La Crosse Public Library Tuesday offering free tax preparation help for middle and lower income taxpayers.
All you have to do is bring in your paper work and volunteers will walk you through filing your taxes.
They say many times tax forms can be scary to those who don't know where to start the process.
"A lot of people panic when they see a tax form. and if they don't come in. In many cases they won't get credit for those taxes. and if they do owe tax credits, well you ought to come in, I assume the IRS is going to be coming after you sooner than later," says Donald Frank, Coordinator for the tax-aid program.
If you have any questions about this free help you can always call 608-789-8194.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.