LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - AARP is making it easier for residents to file taxes season.
Tax Aide volunteers are at the La Crosse Public Library Tuesday offering free tax preparation help for middle and lower income taxpayers.
All you have to do is bring in your paper work and volunteers will walk you through filing your taxes.
They say many times tax forms can be scary to those who don't know where to start the process.
"A lot of people panic when they see a tax form. and if they don't come in. In many cases they won't get credit for those taxes. and if they do owe tax credits, well you ought to come in, I assume the IRS is going to be coming after you sooner than later," says Donald Frank, Coordinator for the tax-aid program.
If you have any questions about this free help you can always call 608-789-8194.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure