OAKDALE, Minn. (AP) - A 9-year-old boy killed by random gunfire in Oakdale has been laid to rest.
A funeral Mass for Devin Aryal was held at Guardian Angels Catholic Church in Oakdale Monday. The fourth-grader was buried in the church cemetery. Devin was killed Feb. 11 when he was hit by gunfire while riding in the backseat of his mother's vehicle.
Nhan Lap Tran is charged with killing the boy and wounding two others, including Devin's mother. Prosecutors say Tran opened fire on passing vehicles. The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports Tran has admitted to the shooting, but has not said why.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest