OAKDALE, Minn. (AP) - A 9-year-old boy killed by random gunfire in Oakdale has been laid to rest.
A funeral Mass for Devin Aryal was held at Guardian Angels Catholic Church in Oakdale Monday. The fourth-grader was buried in the church cemetery. Devin was killed Feb. 11 when he was hit by gunfire while riding in the backseat of his mother's vehicle.
Nhan Lap Tran is charged with killing the boy and wounding two others, including Devin's mother. Prosecutors say Tran opened fire on passing vehicles. The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports Tran has admitted to the shooting, but has not said why.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Walker: Not my job to remove Sheriff Clarke after jail death
- Minnesota woman gets probation for supporting al-Shabab